Multicultural Student Services offers a number of programs and initiatives to provide students transformational experiences to enhance their college experience. Such programs include culturally specific peer mentoring programs and leadership development programs. In the 2017-2018 school year, MSS plans to unveil two new programs, a Latinx Leadership Development program and the Multicultural Peer Educators (MPE), which is a peer-education program that provides culturally relevant workshops to the University community.
Peer Mentoring Programs
- Asian/Asian Pacific American (A/APA) Peer Advising Family Network (PAFN)
- Middle Eastern Mentoring Program (MEMP)
- Hispanic/Latinx Peer Mentoring Program (PMP)
Leadership Development Programs
- Asian Pacific American Leadership Training Institute (APALTI)
- Women’s Asian American Leadership Initiative (WAALI)
- Latinx Leadership Institute (LLI) - New in 2017-2018
- Multicultural Leadership Conference - The Multicultural Leadership Conference is an annual one-day conference that brings together student leaders of diverse organizations on Grounds. Participants will get to hear from keynote speakers, participate in breakout workshops on a number of different topics regarding diversity and multiculturalism, learn skills pertinent to their leadership position, and meet other leaders in networking sessions.
Peer Educator Programs