Our familiarity with UVA's resources will help lead you in the right direction
Tips and Tricks for Orientation
Scheduling your classes
- You probably already know that SIS is used to sign up for courses. If you've been overwhelmed, confused, or frustrated while using it, we've got some tips.
- You can use the SIS Help Center to become a SIS expert. Here, you'll find answers to most "How do I... in SIS?" questions.
- There are websites that allow you to browse course listings in a cleaner fashion. These include Lou's List and SIS Mobile.
- You can see ratings/reviews on courses and professors using Rate My Professor and theCourseForum.
- To visualize your schedule as you plan it, you can use uva schedule | me or the scheduler from theCourseForum.
Finding your way around Grounds
UVA Grounds, in its entirety, is large but manageable. Here's some tips to make sure you get to the right place
- The authoritative reference that can locate almost every place is the UVA WebMap.
- If you need a bus to get somewhere, you can track UTS buses using UVA Transloc. (also available on iOS and Android).
- UVA students can also ride on any of the Charlottesville Area Transit's (CAT) routes for free with a UVA ID. (also available on iOS and Android)
- If you've got a smartphone and need directions on the go, then try the UVA app (iOS and Android).
- An alternative to the UVA app is the Campus Maps app. Unlike the UVA app, its sole purpose is to provide directions (iOS and Android).