Fourth LEVEL - NEWCOMB HALL
The mission of the Interfaith Space is to create a welcoming, comfortable, and safe space where students of diverse backgrounds and beliefs can practice their own faith and mindfulness and learn about those of others. The Interfaith Space aims to foster interfaith dialogue, education, and relationships while recognizing the many vibrant religious communities on Grounds. Please note operations and guidelines to the center has been adjusted due to COVID-19.
Students use our space to:
- Hang out and study in our social space
- Practice their religion/spirituality
- Reserve the space for religious events & services
Adjusted Fall 2020 Hours: Mon-Fri | 10 am - 3 pm & 5 pm - 8 pm
Center COVID Guidelines
- Face masks are required at all times.
- Refrain from eating or drinking in the center.
- First come first serve - Due to the physical distancing guidelines in place, please be mindful of the adjusted center capacity.
- Ablution facilities - communal ablution facilities will not be accessbile at this time. Please come with wudu/wash before using the center.
- Prayer mats - it is required to bring your own prayer mats/materials. Communal materials will not be publically accessbile at this time.
- Shoes - please bring a bag to store your own shoes. You will keep your shoes in the bag next to you while in the center. There will be no access to communal shoe racks.
- Sit in designated areas – please be mindful of the designated seating areas! Stickers and markers have been placed around the center to comply with physical distancing guidelines.
- Before leaving the center wipe down used surfaces with provided disinfectant wipes
- Given to the reduced seating and hours for the centers, please limit your visit to no more than one hour each day to allow as many students as possible the opportunity to utilize the centers.
Facebook: Multicultural Student Services at UVA
We are not accepting reservation requests during this time.