The Middle Eastern Mentoring Program is on hiatus for the 2018-19 academic year. Please connect with the Middle Eastern Leadership Council (MELC) to learn about opporunities to connect with upperclass students through the many events and programs they coordinate.
The Middle Eastern Leadership Council is a working group bringing together leaders of the different Middle Eastern student organizations on Grounds. Its goals are to facilitate communication and exchange ideas among the various organizations; to coordinate scheduling of events and activities; and to collaborate where possible on projects. The organization works not only to connect its member organizations, but to also connect them with the rest of the UVA community.
MELC also works to provide a safe and comfortable space for Middle Eastern students to meet other members and enjoy a fun, social atmosphere at our weekly mixers on the lawn.
The different CIOs that fall under MELC include:
- Afghan Student Alliance (ASA)
- Arab Student Organization (ASO)
- Arabic Conversation Club (ACC)
- Armenian Student Association (ASA)
- The Lebanese Club (LC at UVA)
- Persian Cultural Society (PCS)
- Students for Peace and Justice in Palestine (SPJP)
- Turkish Students Association (TSA)