Multicultural Student Services sponsors three identity-based peer mentoring programs for first-year and transfer students. Incoming students will be contacted during the summer, based on demographic information shared during the admission process, to receive information about how to be matched with a mentor.
- Asian/Pacific Islander/Desi American (APIDA) Peer Advising Family Network (PAFN)
- Hispanic/Latinx Peer Mentoring Program (PMP)
- Middle Eastern Mentoring Program (MEMP) (on hiatus).
PEER MENTOR PROGRAM GOALS
- Provide support and introduce new students to resources and services to help them adjust academically and socially to UVA.
- Guide students through their acclimation to UVA and their personal identity and cultural journey
- Provide personal and professional enrichment opportunities for students
- Build a sense of community, connection, and belonging.
- Maintain regular contact with a peer mentor
- Attend academic, personal development, and social workshops
- Complete fall and spring evaluations
PEER MENTOR SELECTION PROCESS
Applications to become a peer mentor for the 2020-21 academic year will be available here in late fall/early spring.
- PMP Mentor Details and Application (NOW CLOSED)
- PAFN Mentor Details and Application (NOW CLOSED)
- MEMP (on hiatus)
- Rising 2nd, 3rd, 4th year
- Good academic and judicial standing with the University
- Good interpersonal, communication and listening skills
- Ability to empathize and provide academic and personal support to an incoming student
- Desire and interest in helping new students adjust and feel welcomed to the University
- Commitment to investing the time necessary to be an effective mentor
MENTOR COMMITMENT & EXPECTATIONS
- Attend and actively participate in all mentor training activities.
- Attend (monthly) in-service / mentor development sessions coordinated by Multicultural Student Services ***Subject to change***.
- Meet one-on-one with assigned mentees to discuss academic and social adjustment at the university, concerns, and successes as well as provide updates and beneficial information. Assist mentees with planning academic and personal goals. Specifically, mentors will:
- Meet with mentee(s) twice per month in September and October AND email check-in each week through mid-October; Meet with mentee(s) once per month November - May
- Attend (monthly) academic success programs with your mentee(s) – coordinated by Multicultural Student Services – approximately three (3) per semester.
- Attend the requisite number of socials and programs that are coordinated by the mentoring exec team. Attendance at group events is also required; the executive board for your program will communicate specific expectations regarding group events.
- Complete monthly contact forms to provide updates to the mentoring exec team regarding your assigned mentee group’s progress.
- Disseminate all pertinent information and announcements from Multicultural Student Services. Assist in the advertising and dissemination of information for various programs sponsored by Multicultural Student Services.
- Participate in an end-of-year assessment