Multicultural Student Services offers a number of programs and initiatives to provide students with transformational experiences to enhance their college experience. Such programs include identity-based peer mentoring programs and leadership development programs, as well as university-wide multicultural education opporunities.
- Asian/Asian Pacific American (A/APA) Peer Advising Family Network (PAFN)
- Middle Eastern Mentoring Program (MEMP)
- Hispanic/Latinx Peer Mentoring Program (PMP)
Leadership Development Programs
- Asian Pacific American Leadership Training Institute (APALTI)
- Women’s Asian American Leadership Initiative (WAALI)
- Latinx Leadership Institute (LLI)
- Muslim Institute for Leadership and Empowerment (MILE)
- Multicultural Leadership Conference - The Multicultural Leadership Conference is an annual one-day conference that brings together student leaders of diverse organizations on Grounds. Participants will get to hear from keynote speakers, participate in breakout workshops on a number of different topics regarding diversity and multiculturalism, learn skills pertinent to their leadership position, and meet other leaders in networking sessions.
Multicultural Peer Educator Program
- Multicultural Peer Educators (MPEs) serve as a collaborative and diverse group of students who aim to educate their peers on culture and issues of social justice. MPEs receive ongoing trainings by professional staff and have the opportunity to facilitate impactful conversations at the University of Virginia-- highlighting social justice issues, promoting an inclusive community, and expanding cultural competency. Contact us at email@example.com to request a MPE presentation for your student organization, residence hall, or classroom.